Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Homemade Patty Melts

I made homemade patty melts a few weeks ago and they were so yummy, I thought I would pass it on. 

Prepare Hamburger patties  and grill them up ( I seasoned mine with garlic powder and onion powder)
Carmelized Onions -(Cut up onion and place in pan with a Tablespoon Butter and 2-3 tsps. brown sugar and saute up)
Cheese Slices (whatever you like, I just used American and that turned out really good)
Sourdough Bread(I bought mine from Wal-mart in the Bakery section) (if you go in the early mornings they have day olds on a discount rack)
--Melt butter and add a little garlic salt and onion powder- Pour over or spread on bread
Place in hot pan, butter side down
add hamburger patty, onions, and cheese top with another slice of bread
Grill up like a grilled cheese.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment