Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Meals

Do you hate planning out meals?  Sometimes I wish we could just eat once in a day, wouldn't that make life easier?  I don't mind planning meals but to think of all those ideas and all that prep work for each meal.  You just finish one and on to the next. 
Well instead of always doing all that work here are some other ideas to eliminate some of the meal planning.
1) Make one meal you can use for both lunch and supper.
     I am home during the day so I do this at lunch time sometimes.  I will make up a big batch of taco meat and do all the prep at lunch time.  So I can have the same tacos or use the meat in a taco salad at lunch and hard shells at supper.  Or Softshells at lunch and taco salad at supper, etc.  All the prep work and thought are done at once and you have at least 2 meals out of it.
2) Cook up meat ahead of time
   Example:  I made a chicken casserole the other night and I knew that 2 days later I would be making Chicken Noodle soup so I cooked up  twice the amount of chicken and then when I made the Chicken Noodle soup my prep time was cut in half and less cleanup. 
3) Add sides to leftovers
  When Making my Chicken Noodle soup I made a  big batch so  I would have leftovers.  Then if you don't have quite as much or want a little something different add some sides like biscuits or a salad and your meal feels more intentional instead of just leftovers.
4)  Use theme nights
  When Making your menu plan for Italian Mondays, MExican Tuesdays, Soup and Sandwich Wednesdays, and so on.  Then you just vary things like one Monday is Spaghetti, the next Lasagna, the next Ravioli.  One Tuesday is Tacos, then Chimichangas, then enchiladas, etc.
That's it for now, hope it helps

No comments:

Post a Comment